n the U.S., we spend over $66 billion a year collectively trying to lose weight and get fit, so if we went on expenditure alone, we should be some of the fittest people in the world. But the fact that one in three Americans are now overweight and growing, despite the enormous investment, shows that even with our best intentions and hard work, losing substantial weight is really hard and keeping it off is even harder. Most weight-loss plans simply don't work.
If you've been struggling to lose weight and get healthier at the same time, a supervised weight-loss program is exactly what you need to get results and sustain those results long term. Let's take a look at why our supervised program works.
1. Personalized planWhy do so many weight-loss plans fail? Most of them offer a one-size-fits-all solution, and the solution they offer may or may not even be the reason that people tend to gain weight over the years because we all have different vices, triggers, and will-power killers. Your doctor at Modern Concepts builds a weight-loss program around one person and that's you. This individualized support addresses what's actually contributing to your weight gain to get you on a clear path to meeting your goals.
2. Holistic weight lossOne of the big reasons that most weight-loss programs don't work is that they focus on one aspect of your life. They might advise you to completely eliminate a food type, severely restrict calories, take this pill, or spend a certain number of hours on the elliptical each week. You're not a one-dimensional person, so in order to lose weight and keep it off, your program can't be either. Our supervised weight-loss programs treat you like the whole person you are while addressing the many aspects of weight loss like:
3. AccountabilitySee your progress each visit, and discuss your challenges and triumphs as your doctor at Modern Concepts supports and encourages you.
It's so easy for us to lie to ourselves, saying we're doing all we can, and because muscle weighs more than fat, watching pounds drop or rise on the scale doesn't give the whole picture of our progress. But the team at Modern Concepts objectively shows you your progress by combining multiple reliable measures like body circumference, body fat percentage, BMI, and scales so that there's no question about the progress you're making on our supervised weight-loss programs.
4. Patient safetyThere's a reason many exercise programs add a disclaimer to the effect of "speak with your doctor before starting a new exercise regimen." If you've been less active over the past several years, which is a common reason for unwanted weight gain, you may be more prone to soft tissue injury of the joints, tendons, ligaments, and muscles. Overdoing it when you're out of shape can cause an injury that sidelines your weight-loss hopes until that injury heals, but our supervised weight-loss programs design a program that meets you where you are and helps you take incremental steps that reduce the risk of exercise-related injuries.
5. Science-basedA supervised weight-loss program at Modern Concepts isn't based on fads or getting quick results that only set you up for long-term failure. Our programs are built around the latest scientific research about how to lose weight safely, effectively, and sustainably.
Don't try to do this alone. Book online to schedule a consultation.